Angelo Endpapers part 3

So, after the disasterous week last week, where the lined endpapers had gone all wrinkly, I decided that I would humidify them again, and press the life out of them in the press – hoping that they’d turn out flat.

This worked for about 5mins before they curled up again. I admitted defeat.

So instead I’m using plain paper for the endleaves and the same paper for the pastedown. I sewed the textblock onto three 20mm tapes, and gathered the sewing every 4 sections:

On the sewing frame.

I then pressed the sewn textblock under a board and some weight. After about 30mins, I pasted up the spine using WSP, rubbing it into the sections to keep the textblock together.

Pressing.

Applying paste to the spine.

I cut 2.5mm millboard to fit and lined the spine with Kozo using WSP.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s